How do I sign up for Verizon Edge?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Apollo 13, Sep 11, 2014.

1. Apollo 13, Sep 11, 2014
    Last edited: Sep 11, 2014

Apollo 13 macrumors 6502a

I want to upgrade but my contract isn't up until 10/6/14 and I have a iphone 5s. Someone told me Verizon is doing a trade in program and you can get a iphone 6 for free, but I wouldn't qualify since I'm still in contract. I can't find a option to sign up for Edge in my account at all. Can someone plz help me?

*EDIT* Nevermind fount out it's loss cause and will have to wait it out. Just in case anyone else has the same question and run into this thread http://www.verizonwireless.com/support/faqs/Equipment/trade_in_program.html

2. Iphoneness macrumors 6502

Iphoneness

Call their customer service and see if you can get them to move up your contract end date. Been seeing quite a few people saying Verizon has been pretty good about that in the last few days.

3. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

I'd recommend waiting a month, instead of going on the edge. You'll be paying for the full price of the phone for 2 years and you'll have to trade in your current phone.

The Edge really only works for people who buy new phones on a regular basis. Given that you're only a month a way it makes too much sense imo to hold off.

4. sk1wbw Suspended

sk1wbw

I'm doing the Edge program on my 5c. As long as half of the phone is paid off, you can upgrade, which for me was a year. So next month I can upgrade to the iPhone 6+.

5. Apollo 13 thread starter macrumors 6502a

Wouldn't mind trading in phone every year. Also wouldn't add more since I'm not on the verizon More everything plan yet. That plus Edge would have me paying the same what I'm paying now on my 2 phone plan now.

6. From A Buick 8 macrumors 68040

From A Buick 8

If you do not upgrade phones every year, you can keep the paid off phone and just enjoy the monthly discount correct?