iPhone SE How do I simply transfer music to my iPhone without using iTunes?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Baz88, Jan 12, 2019.

1. Baz88 macrumors newbie

I hope someone out there can help me with this as it's been driving me crazy.

It's such a simple thing I want to do. I simply want to transfer a playlist of songs to my iPhone and be able to listen to them offline (not using iTunes at all)

HOW CAN I DO THIS????

I've tried everything. I've searched high and low on the internet and still found no solution.

I've tried lots of different 3rd party media players and most of them require you to connect the app to iTunes. I want to do this completely independent of iTunes. Or they will force you to use some cloud based service.

It doesn't have to be a fancy media player app or anything. Just a simple application that I can play songs through. Why is it so impossible????

I've even tried the VLC app on the iPhone but that didn't work and was supper non user friendly.

Please, please can someone point me in the right direction?

Thanks in advanced.

2. bbrks macrumors 65816

bbrks

You can't. BTW, what is so hard in making a play list in iTunes and after that sync it with your iPhone?

3. Ulenspiegel macrumors 68030

Ulenspiegel

I don't know whether you have tried this application and method.
    If not, good luck.

4. chabig macrumors 601

If you want simple, use iTunes.

5. Baz88 thread starter macrumors newbie

Nothing hard about that. But the reason I want to avoid iTunes is that the playlist contains hundreds of different artists and only about 1 - 2 songs for each artist.

So when I add these songs to a playlist in iTunes, it totally messes up my iTunes library by adding all the different artists in there.

6. gunmetalblack macrumors newbie

Try Copytrans, free and simple, drag drop sync and listen.

7. decafjava macrumors 68030

decafjava

8. craigio85 macrumors 6502

craigio85

Use Spotify. It’s worth £10 a month not to have to deal with iTunes alone.

9. chabig macrumors 601

If I were going to do that, I'd choose Apple Music, which also does not require iTunes.

10. KeepCalmPeople macrumors 65816

KeepCalmPeople

This issue has been hashed over for years. The bottom line is that if you have your own music collection, or maybe a friend of yours want to share mp3s with you, and you don’t have a computer or you don’t have a computer that runs iTunes, then you’re out of luck - at least if you want to use the native Music app in iOS.

11. eyoungren macrumors Core

eyoungren

There is nothing simple about iTunes unless you are able to give it exactly what it wants the way it wants it.

Step out of that and it's not simple at all.

12. now i see it macrumors 68030

It's easy to do. First you need to dig into your iTunes source folder on your Mac to find the actual .aac (or whatever the extension is nowadays) music file. Make a copy of that musc file to another folder on your desktop along with all the other music files you want copied to your iPhone.

Then use a iPhone app like "File Browser" to log into your Mac (you'll need to turn on sharing on your Mac) and copy that folder over to your iPhone. There are a few apps that can play local stored music files on the iPhone (Goodreader is just one of them).

The goal is to stay the hell away from iTunes and the Music app on your iPhone. Both of those atrocities are designed to trap you and limit your freedom. When it comes to music on the iPhone, Apple isn't your friend. They're more like a drug dealer than a helping hand.

13. craigio85 macrumors 6502

craigio85

I’ve tried both and there’s very little in it. Spotify won because I prefer the dark interface.

14. joeblow7777 macrumors 603

15. lugworm macrumors 6502

lugworm

Do what I did to get away from the abysmal mess that is itunes....got a Galaxy s9 ! Easy peasy now.