How do I sort photos on iPad?

Discussion in 'iPad Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by simonjt, May 19, 2011.

1. simonjt macrumors newbie

I've got over 17,000 photos on my iMac divided into about 150 events/folders. The events/folders are all named and they are displayed in alphabetical order on the iMac in iPhoto. I've copied all the photos on my iMac to my iPad, BUT they are not in any sort of alphabetical order which is bloody annoying! I've read that they're apparently sorted by date on the iPad, but that doesn't help. I've downloaded an app called Photo Sort, but it isn't clear how it works even after following the instructions. It's very frustrating trying to show someone a folder of Wedding photos for example, when it takes ages scrolling through 150+ folders to find a folder that should be with other folders with titles starting with W, which should be near the bottom of your library.
    In iPhoto on my iMac, the events/folders are all sorted by Title, Ascending.
    Can anyone help.........please?!

2. miles01110 macrumors Core

miles01110

I think you're experiencing the limitations of the iPad first-hand for people who need more than what iOS offers.

3. silverblack macrumors 68030

silverblack

There are many photo viewing and sorting apps in the store. Go pick your favorite.

4. benchlegs macrumors member

benchlegs

I read somewhere that there's a possibility that an iphoto app will be made available for the ipad in the near future. Keep your fingers crossed.