How do I specify destination folders?

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by snerkler, Mar 7, 2012.

1. snerkler macrumors 6502a

Coming from windows when I export projects or save files I'm used to being able to specify exact destination folders, for example if I'm exporting a video I've edited of our holiday to Sharm El Sheik I can set the destination folder as follows:
    Movies > Holidays > Sharm El Sheik.

When I try to do the same on Mac I can select Movies, but it then doesn't allow me to go any deeper into the folder tree so I have to save to Movies, then locate the file and either copy it or drag it into Holidays and then Sharm El Sheik.

Is there any way I can specify exact destination folders on the Macbook?

Cheers

2. hafr macrumors 68030

Have you tried clicking the little triangle to the right of the name of the file?

3. Gregg2 macrumors 603

Yeah, the mis-located triangle. It ought to be next to the folder shown, not next to the file name!

4. snerkler thread starter macrumors 6502a

I've not seen a triangle. Some apps do let me specify folders, but some don't. One that doesn't is iMovie. When you go to share and select your files type it gives you a drop down box and all I can select is the main folder and not subfolders :confused:

5. simsaladimbamba

Do you use the "Share" menu? And if so, what menu item in there?
    Can you make a screenshot and attach it to your next post?

6. snerkler thread starter macrumors 6502a

Yeah, I'll have to do it later though as I'm rendering a video at the moment.

By the way, have you seen my thread about iMovie finalization? ;):eek:

7. simsaladimbamba

Yes, but as I don't use iMovie, I can't help you there, I guess, especially with PS3 output. But I will take another look.