How do I specify destination folders?

snerkler

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Feb 14, 2012
Coming from windows when I export projects or save files I'm used to being able to specify exact destination folders, for example if I'm exporting a video I've edited of our holiday to Sharm El Sheik I can set the destination folder as follows:
Movies > Holidays > Sharm El Sheik.

When I try to do the same on Mac I can select Movies, but it then doesn't allow me to go any deeper into the folder tree so I have to save to Movies, then locate the file and either copy it or drag it into Holidays and then Sharm El Sheik.

Is there any way I can specify exact destination folders on the Macbook?

Cheers

hafr

macrumors 68030
Sep 21, 2011
Coming from windows when I export projects or save files I'm used to being able to specify exact destination folders, for example if I'm exporting a video I've edited of our holiday to Sharm El Sheik I can set the destination folder as follows:
Movies > Holidays > Sharm El Sheik.

When I try to do the same on Mac I can select Movies, but it then doesn't allow me to go any deeper into the folder tree so I have to save to Movies, then locate the file and either copy it or drag it into Holidays and then Sharm El Sheik.

Is there any way I can specify exact destination folders on the Macbook?

Cheers
Have you tried clicking the little triangle to the right of the name of the file?

snerkler

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Feb 14, 2012
I've not seen a triangle. Some apps do let me specify folders, but some don't. One that doesn't is iMovie. When you go to share and select your files type it gives you a drop down box and all I can select is the main folder and not subfolders :confused: