Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

RickyD53

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 16, 2009
Union City, CA
I've learned how to SSH and stuff but how do i put a theme from the internet into my iphone 3GS from my computer? I'm quiiiite confused. Any help is appreciated.

calvy

macrumors 65816
Sep 17, 2007
download it, extract it, and copy it into /Library/Themes. Or, just download them through Cydia.

na300zx

macrumors member
Jun 28, 2009
I used Iphonebrowser, just download it from here http://code.google.com/p/iphonebrowser/ When you start the program up it has a tab at the top "Go to location" then select Winterboard Theme i belive, and it automatically takes you to that directory where you can copy the files. BTW make sure you have OpenSSH installed through Cydia. Hope this helps!

blackwind

macrumors regular
Sep 30, 2008
um, SSH and iphonebrowser is abit hard to use.

I have used DiskAid for about 1yr now. for the 3gs on 3.0 uses Diskaid 3.0 (14days trails). Very easy and that how i learn many things from iphone.

**Edit: drag and drop.... very easy
Cheers

RangerXML

macrumors regular
Jul 4, 2009
Second for DiskAid, I was able to dig out a malfunctioning app thanks to that program. I got it initially as an easier method for managing ROMs, but its just so much more useful.

I also bought TuneAid, but it has yet to support 3.0 (may never).

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.