How do I start new?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by iPhone82, Sep 13, 2016.

1. iPhone82 macrumors member

iPhone82

I see a lot of people are going to start as a new iPhone, But how do you do that? How do you transfer the contacts? Don't you have to transfer everything a long with contacts?

2. lordofthereef macrumors G5

lordofthereef

Starting new means you transfer nothing. You can import them from google or microsoft though.

3. DadBod630 macrumors regular

Starting over with a fresh install of iOS is stupid and won't do anything useful. Don't do it.

4. iPhone82 thread starter macrumors member

iPhone82

Meh forget it, I'll just do the icloud backup

5. archer75 macrumors 65816

All my stuff is in the cloud. Pictures, music, contacts, etc. I really don't keep much on my phone.
    I login with my Google info and everything is there. I always setup every phone as new. Transferring is just a waste of time.
    I don't really use icloud. Keeping it all with Google allows me to easily go between platforms.

6. rain111 macrumors 6502a

rain111

... or iTunes backup? if you can do that from the starts, why were you asking? from your original post, it sounded as if you're new to iPhone and want to transfer your contact from your current device (not iPhone) to iPhone?

Confusing...

7. iPhone82 thread starter macrumors member

iPhone82

I'm aware of that, but didn't know if there was a way to start new and just upload your contacts.

8. rain111 macrumors 6502a

rain111

sync contact with google, and just use that?