How do I stop downloaded iPad apps from auto syncing to iPhone?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by bobright, May 24, 2012.

1. bobright macrumors 601

Everytime I download something from the App Store and I plug in my iPhone and sync it to my PC all the programs get tossed on their as well (if they are compatible of course). I want things seperate damn it. LOL

2. LaWally macrumors 6502a

Can't you just not sync apps and uncheck auto sync new apps ... or am I over-simplifying the problem? Or, would syncing apps, unchecking auto sync new apps and checking only iPhone apps get what you want?

3. Pharmscott macrumors 6502a

Pharmscott

Yep, you should be able to control each device via settings (computer, iPad and iPhone) separately to download purchased apps or not. Then, on occasions where you want an app from one device on another, just download it directly.

4. pagansoul macrumors 65816

pagansoul

On your Mac or PC under Apps (when you attach your ipod/ipad) there is a box to uncheck if you do not want new apps to auto load on your devices.

5. GIZBUG macrumors 65816

GIZBUG

I don't hook my iPhone or iPad to iTunes much, but I've noticed if I download an app on my iPhone, it appears on my iPad also. Any way to prevent this? Is there a setting I'm missing in iOS 7?

6. gatearray macrumors 65816

Yep, you'll find it in Settings->iTunes and App Store->Automatic Downloads

7. prezasti macrumors 6502

prezasti

This is driving me nuts and I can't find any direct solution to the problem, so I'm going to try and ask the question a little different than the OP. (Same issue as OP)

Is there a way in iTunes to not automatically sync every fricking app that is in my iTunes library??? Everytime I try to sync my iPhone, hundreds of apps, all of which are in my iTunes Library (Not New Apps) on my mac try to sync to my phone, which can't store them all even if I wanted to install all of them. This prevents me from installing old backups and from installing software updates properly if my phone is near max capacity for space.

iTunes has options to only add music and videos manually or from checked selections, so why are the Apps automatic no matter what I select in App options?

8. ApfelKuchen macrumors 68020

In iTunes > Apps sync settings pane you'll see this, right below the home screen representation:
    In other words, you manage what will be on your iPad by managing the representation of your Home Screen(s) on the Apps sync settings screen - almost exactly as if you were doing it directly on your iPad.

First, below the left-hand pane (App list) you'll see a checkbox for "Automatically install new apps." Un-check it.

To add an app to the iPad, either drag the app's icon from the left-hand (apps list) pane to the desired location on the home screen, or click the Install button in the left-hand pane.

To remove an app from the iPad, click on the app's icon on the Home Screen (right-hand pane);you'll see a delete badge (X in a circle) in the upper left of the icon. Or click its "Remove" button in the left-hand pane (app listing).

Look in the left-hand pane (the full list of Apps) - if you delete an app from the home page, "Will Remove" appears in the button (the button can read "Install," "Remove," or "Will Remove").

I think that should cover it.