How do I stop ichat auto starting?

lenb

macrumors member
Original poster
May 11, 2004
Leicester, UK
Hi Folks!
Each time I plug in isight it automatically starts the ichat prog. I don't have an .mac or other name so can't get in to preferences to alter this. Is there another way I can stop this?

lenb

varmit

macrumors 68000
Aug 5, 2003
lenb said:
Hi Folks!
Each time I plug in isight it automatically starts the ichat prog. I don't have an .mac or other name so can't get in to preferences to alter this. Is there another way I can stop this?

lenb
In the iChat Prefs, uncheck the box in the Video settings. See bottom of Pic.

Attachments

Comment

PlaceofDis

macrumors Core
Jan 6, 2004
unfortunately the only way to stop iChat from auto-opening is to get into the chat preferences

Comment

zelmo

macrumors 603
Jul 3, 2004
Mac since 7.5
PlaceofDis said:
unfortunately the only way to stop iChat from auto-opening is to get into the chat preferences
I'll bite...how do you access the iChat preferences pane without creating an account through .mac or AIM? I bought an iSight for Delicious Library, and don't want all that AIM crap on my PB.

Comment

PlaceofDis

macrumors Core
Jan 6, 2004
ok, well i just created a new user account just to test this out and figure it out, what it seems you have to do is, start up ichat, and it gives you that welcome screen, hit continue, then its going to ask for the chat information, all you have to do is enter your name, first & last, or even just put a space or two in each one, hit continue, and continue through the screens until ichat opens up, and then you can access the prefs menu without having an AIM or .Mac account

Comment