How do I stop iTunes "optimizing" my photos? Do I need a hack?

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by Lit Up*, Oct 31, 2010.

1. Lit Up* macrumors member

Basically I import high res photos and I don't wish for them to be 'optimized'. Recently I imported some wallpapers at the correct resolution for iphone, yet they were still 'optimized' during a sync, and they look crap now. How do I stop this nonsense and get a bit more control back over my images?

2. FamiliaPhoto macrumors 6502a

FamiliaPhoto

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/532.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Mobile/8B117)

Can you post some samples. I shoot very high res stuff and even with the optimization they still look great on my phone.

3. Lit Up* thread starter macrumors member

4. Orion126 macrumors regular

The only thing I can think of is emailing the pictures to yourself. When you do that it gives you options on how you want to send the image.

But yeah I agree. I would love to have the high res pictures instead of optimized ones. Having that option would allow me to create folders in the Photo app.

Speaking of which...anyone know if there is a JB app that allows you to create folders in the iPhone and just drag pics to them as you please? (Without having to use iTunes to sync)

5. lucifiel macrumors 6502a

lucifiel

This is the only work around I have found on the internet

from here

It works, even if it is mildly annoying.