Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Lit Up*

macrumors member
Original poster
Aug 18, 2010
Basically I import high res photos and I don't wish for them to be 'optimized'. Recently I imported some wallpapers at the correct resolution for iphone, yet they were still 'optimized' during a sync, and they look crap now. How do I stop this nonsense and get a bit more control back over my images?

FamiliaPhoto

macrumors 6502a
Jul 24, 2009
Chicago, IL
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/532.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Mobile/8B117)

Can you post some samples. I shoot very high res stuff and even with the optimization they still look great on my phone.

Orion126

macrumors regular
Aug 25, 2010
The only thing I can think of is emailing the pictures to yourself. When you do that it gives you options on how you want to send the image.

But yeah I agree. I would love to have the high res pictures instead of optimized ones. Having that option would allow me to create folders in the Photo app.

Speaking of which...anyone know if there is a JB app that allows you to create folders in the iPhone and just drag pics to them as you please? (Without having to use iTunes to sync)

lucifiel

macrumors 6502a
Nov 7, 2009
In your basement
This is the only work around I have found on the internet

mine were really low res and blurry. So i
1. went back in to iTunes
2. clicked on iPhone
3. Clicked Photos Tab
4. un-ticked the Sync Photos box
5. clicked "don't remove photos" when prompted
6. Re ticked Sync Photos.
7. It synced quickly (about 20 seconds for 537 photos)
Now they're all back to high res - you'll still get a momentary optimising images warning, but only quickly.

from here

It works, even if it is mildly annoying.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.