How do I stop my Iphoto library automatically importing

Discussion in 'macOS' started by bendalong, Nov 14, 2007.

1. bendalong macrumors newbie

Hi,

I have put my iphoto library on an external hd, but now if I open up the iphoto library on the external drive it automatically overwrites what ever it had with the library that is still on my computer (including any deletions I have made).
    Obviously I can't delete the images on my computer until I have fixed this problem.
    Can anyone help?

2. swiftaw macrumors 603

swiftaw

Hold the option key while launching iPhoto, this will then allow you to choose which library to work on.

3. bendalong thread starter macrumors newbie

All very well, but when the library on my external hd opens it loads the photos and then immediately starts importing from the computer and in the process overwriting what was originally there. I have tried deleting single photos from the computers library and sure enough, next time I open the ehd library it imports and the photos are missing.
    What is happening?

4. SuperOmegaSlack macrumors newbie

Same Issue

I have the same issue... I have backed up my photo library to an external drive, when I chose to open up that library, it starts importing the same photos onto my local drive. Is there a way to make Iphoto not auto import remote files to the local drive?