How do i stop sending a mail message in mac mail

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by spector, Sep 18, 2008.

1. spector macrumors newbie

how do i stop sending a mail message in mac mail?

as i accidentally hit reply all instead of reply to a message that has a lot of email addresses on it.

I have my mac mail hooked up to my gmail account.

when i sent the email it just shows being sent in the left column of the mail client, and no where can i cancel it or remove it from being sent. When it tries to send it it gets an error that pops up and cant send through server (i understand that as it is over the limits of gmail for sending) all i want to do is cancel it and remove it from the list.

i have tried the force quit and even a restart but then when i open the mail client up it tries to send it again...

also to let you know i was not trying to spam or any of that bs.... as it was a joke that had a long recipient list.

2. Cameront9 macrumors 6502a

Cameront9

Open Mail, click on the outbox, highlight the message, and then hit Delete (or backspace, depending on what kind of keyboard you are using).

3. spector thread starter macrumors newbie

sorry for the late respnse to you but at the time it was not showing an outbox for sending. but after about a day it gave up and went back to normal.... some weird glitch i guess that worked it self out.

thanks my friend for your answer, but sorry for a really late reply...