How do I stop these 'updates available' pop-ups?

Discussion in 'OS X Yosemite (10.10)' started by Mildredop, Nov 17, 2014.

1. Mildredop macrumors 68020

It pops up every day and I can't get rid of it. I don't want to install the updates, but that apparently isn't an option.

It's very Microsoft to have these things forced upon the user. I don't like it.

Attached Files:

2. BasicGreatGuy Contributor

BasicGreatGuy

Reminding you that you have Apple updates that you should install is not forcing anything on you. Forcing would be installing the updates without your knowledge or consent.

No need to be so dramatic. Just keep closing the reminder like you have been doing, (for whatever reason) and focus on something else to rant about.

Problem solved.

3. Nermal Moderator

Nermal

Staff Member

Click on the banner to see the list of updates, then right-click on the ones you don't want and select to ignore them.

4. NoBoMac macrumors 6502a

5. Mildredop thread starter macrumors 68020

Until tomorrow when it pops up again. And again the next day. And the next day. And the next day. And the next day. And the next day. And the next day. And the next day. And the next day. And the next day. And the next day. And the next day. And the next day. And the next day. And the next day. And the next day. And... you get my point.

----------

Thanks for this.

6. aliensporebomb macrumors 68000

aliensporebomb

Why don't you want to update the latest security patches?

7. Mildredop thread starter macrumors 68020

In an attempt to stave-off planned obsolescence. Plus there's been too many times that Apple's updates have broken things, so I prefer to wait until updates are much older.