How do I Sync Back Correct Time to iPod Touch?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by rekhyt, Oct 3, 2010.

1. rekhyt macrumors 65816

I accidentally edited my iPod Touch's date and time to November 4th, 2010, and now it is 4 hours behind the actual time. How can I fix this through a sync?

2. SuperMacMan macrumors regular

SuperMacMan

Plug it in. Let iTunes sync it. Ta-da.

3. artvandelayIII macrumors newbie

Does this work for everyone else? Because my iPod Touch (4g) doesn't synchronize its time with my Mac (Snow Leopard, iTunes 10.0.1) when I sync it.

It's not horribly off, but it just seems like a no-brainer that it would pick up the correct time from the Mac.

4. kelving525 macrumors regular

If anything you can just restore the iPod Touch if you don't want to constantly change the time.

5. Bitcrusher macrumors member

I have the same problem but I didnt change anything.

One day it just switched to Barcelona's time :p I have synced and t still shows that time, I dont know how can I manually fix the time:confused:

HELP

6. artvandelayIII macrumors newbie

My issue/question is why the Mac doesn't sync the iPod to the Mac's clock. My iPod isn't setting itself to some wrong time zone -- but rather just refuses to sync itself exactly with the Mac's clock. My time is off by maybe a minute. I just don't get why it doesn't sync the time since the Mac is clearly syncing to time.apple.com for its system clock.

7. rekhyt thread starter macrumors 65816

Exact problem that I have. I accidentally set it a few months forward and it wouldn't sync back to the original time. My Mac is syncing with time.apple.com too but the iPod Touch is unaffected.

8. artvandelayIII macrumors newbie

Go to the Settings app, scroll down to General, then Date & Time. Set "Time Zone" to where you are. If necessary after that, the next menu item is "Set Date & Time" and there you can manually set the hour and minute.