How do I sync data from two computers

Discussion in 'iPad' started by Mr M5, Sep 6, 2011.

1. Mr M5 macrumors regular

I have a mac and a pc for work. My iPad is currently synced to the mac for music and apps. However, i use my iPad for work presentations, and load them from my work pc. Every time I plug it in, i tunes wants to erase the data and start from scratch.

Is there anyway to use i tunes to input pdf's into the iPad from my work laptop without buying something like I disk?

Thanks in advance.

2. DESNOS macrumors 6502

Is 2GB enough storage? If so, use Dropbox. It gives you 2GB for free.

3. Mr M5 thread starter macrumors regular

Sorry, I guess what I'm saying is i have the app I want to use, so I'm just trying to get the information there without having trouble between the two computers with syncing.

4. Matthew9559 macrumors 6502a

Matthew9559

Hmm, you can only associate one iTunes library with your iPad. I would download the goodreader app for the iPad and use it with dropbox. That way you can edit on any computer and also have it available for viewing on your iPad.

I don't think you would be able to edit the documents with my solution though.

Do you need to edit on the iPad?

5. gatearray macrumors 65816

Authorize your work computer with your iTunes account, it'll let you plug it in and manage your content.

Also, Goodreader will let you wirelessly transfer any and all files over a local wifi network using any web browser, Mac or PC.

6. Matthew9559 macrumors 6502a

Matthew9559

7. Mr M5 thread starter macrumors regular

I actually have good reader installed but with our work network transferring wirelessly isn't going to work. I don't often bring both the computer and I pad home.

i did authorize the pc but it still tried to erase and sync the i pad?

8. sbddude macrumors 6502a

goodreader can also load content from dropbox, ftp, itunes (via usb), and more.

My reccomendation:

In your home library set it to "manually manage music and videos". Load the content on that PC.

In the work PC, connect your ipad, but don't sync. go to the apps tab and load the files you need directly into goodreader.