How do I sync everything... (iPad, Mac, iPhone, iPod)?

Discussion in 'Mac Pro' started by majordude, May 22, 2010.

1. majordude macrumors 68020

majordude

I have everything Apple makes I think. Some, like the iPod, I have more than one.

I have MobileMe too.

What is the best way to sync all my email, addresses, phones, etc?

Right now I turn off MobileMe's syncing with all devices except my MacBook Pro. Then, when I sync my devices throughout the week with iTunes everything eventually.

I've had problems with duplicate contacts and calendar items which is why I scared to experiment. Am I doing it the best way?

2. strausd macrumors 68030

I would use MobileMe for contacts and stuff like that. If you want to sync two computers itunes so they have the same songs and everything, you might wana try something called Chronosync.

3. AAPLaday Guest

AAPLaday

Was the duplicates showing on an iDevice or your MBP? Or both? When i had my 3GS and first synced to MM i had duplicate contacts. This was because i had them stored both on the phone (via a computer) and synced via MM. When i selected to only have them synced by MM the duplicates disappeared.

However i sold mine a few weeks ago while i wait for the new model so i cant remember the specific steps i took to remove the duplicates. Maybe someone else can chime in