How do I sync existing calendars on iPhone to Google calendar?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by PackFan, Aug 2, 2009.

1. PackFan macrumors regular

PackFan

I've been searching online but coming up short...

I want to sync the calendars that are coming from iCal on my Macbook to my iphone with a Google calendar.

In other words - my iPhone has my home, work, and meetings calendars from my Macbook. I want to sync all of these to a google calendar.

So far, all the solutions I have found online add a google calendar to my iphone calendars - but it does not sync the existing ones to it...

Any thoughts? Or is there a better way to do it directly from iCal to Google calendars?

Thanks! :apple:

2. ChrisN macrumors 65816

ChrisN

I used nuevasync.com to set my google calender as an Exchange Activesync calender so whenever I make a change on my iPhone it automatically makes that change online and vice versa.

ChrisN

3. mikey28 macrumors 6502

I had this very problem when I signed up to google voice and wanted to download my contacts.

Google just wasn't able to download them. I found the reason was that they weren't in the right format.

Well, I googled and there is a little converter that will do this for you and then download to google.

Of course I erased the program. But if you google "mac contacts to google" you will come across it.

It was very simple and free.

4. brian doherty macrumors member

You get set up push syncing between iCal -> gCal -> and your iPhone pretty easily, for free!

Export each iCal calendar you have as a separate file, and import each one into a separate new gCal. Delete your old calendars from iCal. Next, you can use Google's CalDav set up program, "Google Calaboration" to easily "subscribe" to your new gCals. This sets up the 2 way automatic sync between your mac book and gCal (which acts as the cloud).

Next, set up Google Sync for the iPhone using a Microsoft Exchange Account. I know in 2.2 you were limited to setting up 5 calendars this way, but I think they resolved that problem in 3.0.

You can also sync your Address Book contacts to Google by opening up the preference panel in Address Book and configuring the "Synchronize with Google" option.

5. PackFan thread starter macrumors regular

PackFan

Hmmm.... not sure these are exactly what I'm looking for...

Shouldn't there be some way to merge my existing calendars with a google calendar and have them sync without changing everything over to google calendars?

6. jzuena macrumors 6502a

jzuena

I ended up using Calgoo Connect to keep my iCal, touch, Outlook (on my Windows laptop) and Google all synched. The only place that couldn't synch each calendar separately was an old Compaq iPaq that has Windows Mobile 2003 SE, and I'm not sinking any money into upgrading that to WM 5 in order to support multiple calendars.

7. brian doherty macrumors member

Its not a huge deal putting your calendars on gcal. In fact, I never touch the google interface. I only use iCal, my iPhone, and thunderbird on my pc to add/edit my events, google is only used to keep them in sync.