How do I sync now that I've jailbroken?

Discussion in 'iPad Hacks' started by Pigumon, Jul 29, 2011.

1. Pigumon macrumors 6502

Pigumon

I tried syncing for the first time since Jailbreaking... my comicbook app lost all of its comics, my photo app lost all my photos not taken by the ipad, and it pulled all of my apps out of there folder and arranged them alphabetically!!!!!

There are enough enhancements to my JB iPad to want to keep it Jailbroken.

(iconoclast - adding more apps per page making better use of the screen real estate, no lock screen, syncing photos from DSLR to ipad wirelessly, SBSetting - instant brightness controls, Dimmer- bringing the overly bright screen down to night usable levels, selecting multiple apps at the same time, organizing photos, etc.)

What is the proper way to sync this thing now? :confused:

2. db67fm macrumors regular

db67fm

I just make sure iTunes settings are:

- Do not sync automatically
    - Do not upadate atomatically

When I plug my device into computer the first thing I do is right click on device and select "Transfer Purchases". Once that is done I right click on device and "Sync".

3. big samm macrumors 65816

I do not back up my iPad nor my iPhone after jail breaking because it backs up all the jailbroken files and when you do a restore all those files comes back in the devices and cause it to malfunction...

4. NoStopN macrumors 6502

NoStopN

Samm, that just sounds like it's holding all of my settings for the next time I jailbreak. :p Most of my apps don't malfunction just because of a JB.

5. Redjericho macrumors 6502a

6. Romeosc macrumors newbie

I agree back up like normal in iTunes and also use cydia to restore jail broken apps after an update or restore after re jailbreaking