how do i.... (sync pics to my macbook)

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by ViPa, Apr 19, 2008.

1. ViPa macrumors 6502a

automatically sync the pics i take on my iphone to my macbook without manually importing them in iphoto? (new mac user)

2. Trip.Tucker Guest

If I'm understanding you, you want to plug in your iPhone and have iPhoto automatically begin the Import process without you having to click on Import. Is that right?

3. D3LM3L macrumors regular

D3LM3L

I'd recommend using Automator to create such a workflow. You might be left with just an app to launch that will take care of the entire process.

4. ViPa thread starter macrumors 6502a

precisely

5. Michael CM1 macrumors 603

I could be misunderstanding you, so be warned. But I thought the iPhoto import was pretty automatic. When I dock my iPhone with photos on the Camera Roll, it just takes one click (Import All) to import the pics and then another to delete or keep the originals. Are you having to do more than that?

6. Hydramus macrumors member

Well, I'm not sure about iPhoto, since i use Aperture. Say I wanted to keep the photos on my phone after importing they would be imported everytime afterwards when i click import all, so i would end up with multiple copies of old photos.

7. ViPa thread starter macrumors 6502a

see the thing is i want to eliminate the whole "clicking import all" thing..it may seem petty but itd be if i could plug in my iphone and it automatically imports teh pics

8. Trip.Tucker Guest

Unless there is a 3rd party application that does this, I haven't been able to find a built in setting to enable this action.

9. ViPa thread starter macrumors 6502a

10. zmit macrumors regular