How do I tag TV series

Discussion in 'Apple TV and Home Theater' started by Dingo Dave 69, Feb 11, 2008.

1. Dingo Dave 69 macrumors regular

I have got my films coming along nicely but wondered how best to tag DVD's of tv shows. Once example is a family guy boxset I have. I can rip the DVD's and use handbrake and metaX as I am normally doing but how can I have the details for each episode and the files split up as seperate files for each episode under a series name?

2. uva25 macrumors regular

I have a related question. How do I get them displayed in order. I put 6 Sports Night disks labled SN 1, SN 2, etc but they show up in reverse order?

3. northy124 macrumors 68020

northy124

Do any of the info's look like this

Attached Files:

4. Dingo Dave 69 thread starter macrumors regular

Hi,

The problem I am having is converting a family guy dvd. Basically when I rip the DVD using ShrinkDVD or Mac the ripper the main movie is one big file. I can rip it ok but I need to split it up and get the info for each individual episode. I am beginning to think it is impossible.

Ideally I want to be able to go into appletv, look for family guy, see a list of all the seasons and when I open them have a list of all the episodes. Currently I have a few files that each contain about 4 episodes each.

Can anyone help me get this organised the way I want?

5. GeekLawyer macrumors 68020

GeekLawyer

The post is coming from inside the house!
    I think you would want to use Handbrake, right? To separate each individual episode out so that you can name/tag them individually...

Or did I read your post too quickly?

6. northy124 macrumors 68020

northy124

You Need to change what you are encoding i think.

7. techlover828 macrumors 68020

techlover828

use mac the ripper and it should have different episodes.

8. GeekLawyer macrumors 68020

GeekLawyer

The post is coming from inside the house!
    For content I own, here's my workflow:

Fully rip the DVD in MacTheRipper.
    Transcode individual epidoses using HandBrake using the AppleTV setting.

Then, tag the shows with http://www.kerstetter.net/page53/page54/page54.html or similar. MetaX is really a good piece of software.

Import them into iTunes.

9. Dingo Dave 69 thread starter macrumors regular

Well when I rip the DVD I get the normal Video file but it has various VOB, BUP and IFO Files. How do I know which ones to encrypt individually for each episode?

I assume once I do this I can have one file show up on the appletv...i.e. Family guy season 1 boxset, then when I open it there will be a list of all the episodes?

I really appreciate the help guys.