How do I tell Siri...

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by andross77, Oct 25, 2011.

1. andross77 macrumors 6502

...what my wife's name is?

Her name is Ximena and if you know how that is pronounced (She's Mexican) it is not phonetic :) it sounds like He-men-a basically.

But instead of saying to Siri: Call Ecks-i-meen-a.....i want to say Call He-men-a :)

Is there a way to teach Siri my wife's name? if there is, i haven't found it yet.

2. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

3. MagnusF macrumors regular

I am not sure if you can do that, but a way you could do it is giving your wife the "he-man-a" nickname in contacts. I am not sure she would be happy :D

4. Jagardn macrumors 6502a

You can say. "call my wife" and it should ask who your wife is, did for me.

5. Opie macrumors 6502a

Opie

all you do is activate siri and say "Michelle (my wifes name) is my wife." Then siri will ask if you want her to save that relationship. It also works for mother,father,sister,brother and best friend. it nice to just say Tell my father to call me when he gets a chance.

6. Legion93 macrumors 6502a

Legion93

Can't you assign her name as your wife? So then you can say "call my wife" so it can call her for you without saying her name. I'm not sure TBH.

7. FreakinEurekan macrumors 68040

FreakinEurekan

8. andross77 thread starter macrumors 6502

9. edk99 macrumors 6502a

Just ask Siri "Who is my wife" If there is no association then Siri will bring up your contact list and you can choose her name as a contact. Then just refer to her as your wife. Problem solved.

10. MJedi macrumors 6502a

MJedi

This worked for me, too. You say, "Call my wife," and Siri asks, "Who is your wife?" and then shows your contacts. Select your wife from the list and confirm it with Siri. So whenever you need to call or text her, you just tell Siri, "Call my wife" or "Send a text to my wife."

11. Buckeyestar macrumors 6502a

Buckeyestar

I tried the phonetic entry but it doesn't work, I still get the same mangled pronunciation as I originally did.

12. elistan macrumors 6502a

The phonetic field is for Siri to recognize what you're saying. It's not a guide on how the voice synthesizer is supposed to sound.

13. Buckeyestar macrumors 6502a

Buckeyestar

Well it doesn't recognize that either. I say text "phonetic name" and it makes some messed up message and asks who to send it to.

14. p1ally macrumors regular

p1ally

Are you terrible at spelling things phonetically?

15. thesiren macrumors 6502a

thesiren

your "wife's" name is he-man-a? [​IMG]

[​IMG]