How do I test the screen? And what if it is off centered?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by madisonfaye, Jul 25, 2011.

1. madisonfaye macrumors regular

madisonfaye

Hey guys,

So I got my new MPB today, however I'm noticing something and I'm not sure if I'm just being overly picky.

The right side of my screen shows more black along the edge (on my AG so its noticeable) than the left. I've attached pictures, and its sort of hard to see but in person its pretty noticeable. Anyone ever had this issue? Should I just live with it?

Also, does anyone have a link to that screen test that had large grey stripes? Or any other screen test that can help me be sure the brightness is uniform across my whole screen.

Thanks!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

(sorry didn't realize how awful these photos were until I uploaded them haha)

2. MKang25 macrumors regular

Mines is like that to. Also depending on what angle I look at ti from it looks even. I don't think its anything to worry about.

What screen model do you have?

3. madisonfaye thread starter macrumors regular

madisonfaye

9CB7
    LTN154MT07
    Samsung
    Anti-Glare

This is my panel model, I had an Anti-Glare before which I had to return but it was much more centered and if I remember correctly the same screen.

Its not a huge issue its just like they put the screen in too far up and to the left, very weird!

4. snaky69 macrumors 603

If that tiny defect is enough to bother you this much, return it to ease your mind. Personally, that wouldn't keep me from keeping the MBP, we're talking a 1/16 of an inch here, not a row of dead pixels or uneven backlighting, or a yellow tint.

Your call there.

5. Mrguidogenio macrumors regular

Mrguidogenio

I have those tiny bars too. I think it's normal.

6. madisonfaye thread starter macrumors regular

madisonfaye

No sorry its not the tiny bars, on one side the black border is an inch wide, on the other it is like 1/20th of an inch wide. I seem insane lol but I had an AG MPB a few weeks ago and the black border on all sides is even.

7. rkheyfets macrumors regular

if it bothers you return it, but its not a big deal if you can live with it

8. seinman macrumors regular

Seriously? Just live with it. God damn, the things people will bitch and moan about these days...

9. madisonfaye thread starter macrumors regular

madisonfaye

If you spent $3000 on a machine it took you over a year to save for you would want everything to be perfect.

10. Sam2lucky13 macrumors 6502

Sam2lucky13

id return it..that would drive me nuts too.

11. squeakr macrumors 68000

squeakr

I say just use it and forget about it. Not everything is going to be perfect. If everything else works good, I would live with it. Mine is exactly the same, but I view it for what it is, a tool. You are going to get scratches and everything else on it. If it is that annoying to you, take it to the store and exchange it, but keep in ind it will eventually be not perfect. As long as it doesn't have anything hidden by the bezel, I wouldn't sweat it. It is not like it is as bad as you describe being 1 inch on the right side and 1/20th on the left. if it were like that I would say take it back definitely, but for now I would say live with it. That is my opinion though.

12. madisonfaye thread starter macrumors regular

madisonfaye

Sorry I meant centimeter not inch lol! 1 inch would be insanity

13. RetepNamenots macrumors 6502

Antiglare models are notorious for having this issue, and mine is the same. If you were to return it, expect a replacement to have the same problem.

I at first thought it was going to be an issue, but I've never noticed it since, and I'm glad I went for the antiglare model.

14. Obscurelight macrumors 6502

Return it if you aren't pleased with it. Sure some maybe think you are OCD nit picking but in the end it is your machine. If it bothers you just get it exchanged thats why Apple has it's returns and exchange policy in the first place. Some people on the forums are just so quick to criticize and overreact to small things. Remember you need to be happy with it, doesn't matter what other people think. :cool::apple: