How do I thoroughly clean my PowerBook G4?

Discussion in 'PowerPC Macs' started by nickXedge, Mar 10, 2012.

1. nickXedge macrumors 6502

nickXedge

Well, short and simple, I have a beat up PowerBook G4 that I got on eBay. I've updated it both on the hardware and the software end and it works beautifully. I've replaced the lower case as it was bent and dented pretty bad. The screen and screen bezel however are fine except for some old stains and dirt. Short of scratching the screen with my fingernail, is there a better way to get old dirt off of it safely? Also, anything I can safely use on the bezel without taking it apart? Didn't decide it was worthy of a good cleaning or replacing until after I put the entire machine back together and just don't have the time in the foreseeable future to disassemble it all again. Thanks.

2. tom vilsack macrumors 68000

tom vilsack

I just bought a 14" ibook the other day...i used 50-50 isopropyl/water for screen with fiber cloth...and body i use mr clean magic eraser...

3. G51989 macrumors 68030

G51989

http://www.amazon.com/Belkin-F8E633-Monitor-Cleaning-Count/dp/B00006HTMW

I've been using these on my computers for years, laptops and desktops alike. I always blast the keyboard with compressed air, as well as the sides, vents, ports and all that, some of my PC's are going on 7 years old, and keyboards, cases and monitors almost look new with these wipes being used from time to time, they won't ruin the screen, nor will they strach anything

4. burnout8488 macrumors 6502a