how do i transfer a video from my iphone to a computer

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by rtztgue, Nov 5, 2008.

1. rtztgue macrumors regular

I have a couple of videos on my iphone that i want to transfer to another computer. they are currently on the ipod playlist as movies. I just want to get them into another computer so i can watch them on that. Any ideas????

I have ssh and winscp but I cannot seemt to find the movies.

2. Freak4Sneaks macrumors member

look for the folder that is name after the app. your using to record video, it should be in there.

3. rtztgue thread starter macrumors regular

Not there. I ripped dvd's and synced the movies to the phone with itunes. The trouble is when I travel for work I sometimes want to watch the movie on a work computer, so it would be nice to get them off somehow. I have tried using itunes on another computer, but it does not show the movies on my phone. It only shows the movies in the itunes on the computer that put the movies on the phone.

4. bengal85 macrumors regular

bengal85

Could you try to email them to yourself that should work unless the file sizes are to big then it would take forever to send and probably kill your battery

5. rtztgue thread starter macrumors regular

i dont think you can e-mail your vids from the ipod. either way, they are ripped and converted dvds, so they are about 800 megs each.