How do I transfer all iPhone data to a new computer?

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by Snowman3459, Jul 7, 2010.

1. Snowman3459 macrumors 6502a

So I just bought a new laptop and I want to be able to have all of my iPhone data on the laptop (music, apps, contacts, photos, etc).

How do I transfer all of this? I've tried Google but theres about 30 different ways and none of them are quite specific.

Btw my new laptop is a PC, not a Mac. And I want to transfer all of my data from a PC.

2. Small White Car macrumors G4

Small White Car

Forget the phone. You need a PC-to-PC transfer.

Get your data from the old laptop to the new one THEN plug your phone in once everything is there.

There are many ways to do a data transfer...some manual and some using programs made to help you. (Or even hiring a local computer repair shop if you're having lots of trouble.) Google can help you there, but you'll have better luck searching now that you know to leave the phone out of it. The iPhone should be the last thing you do, after you're happy with the way your new machine is working.

3. Loves2spoon macrumors 65816

Loves2spoon

Are all your songs and apps on your new laptop? If so just open iTunes, plug in your iPhone and hit file>transfer all purchases. Everything will sync over.

4. Snowman3459 thread starter macrumors 6502a

Well, the only thing I want transferred is the iPhone data. Now I know how to transfer over my Music library onto the new computer, but I know if I plug in my iPhone into this new computer it will want me to delete all of the data currently on my phone...and thats the last thing I want.

5. Snowman3459 thread starter macrumors 6502a

No there not, thats what I'm wanting to know how to do.

And if I just transferred all my purchases, it will delete any songs that I did not download directly through iTunes.

Sorry for the DP