How do I transfer my contacts from iphone 3G to iphone 4?

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by The Game 161, Dec 17, 2010.

1. The Game 161 macrumors G5

The Game 161

Having problems transfering my contacts from 3G to my iphone 4 any idea how to do it? I've managed to transfer everything but my contacts any help would be great thanks.

2. alangrehan macrumors regular

iTunes should transfer them automatically. If you plug in your 3G and go to the contacts section, see if you can sync your contacts to outlook or address book on the computer. Then when you sync the 4 you should be able to sync them from the same location.

Alternatively why not sign up for a trial at mobileme. You can then sync your contacts over the air to any amount of devices or computers. Once they're synced you could cancel your subscription. I intended to do this and was so impressed with the mobileme syncing of contacts, calenders and the other services it offered I kept it on. It does require a credit card to start the trial but it doesn't charge you until the trial is up and it's easy to cancel your trial from within the preferences when you log in.

Hope this helps :cool: