How do I transfer my iPhone 4 files onto my new iPad?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by Tangy Anus, Feb 15, 2011.

1. Tangy Anus macrumors newbie

Just got an iPad and I want all my personal information and configuration to be on the iPad such as:

1. Mail accounts, passwords, and profiles
    2. App data and game saves

Number 2 is a big one because I have a lot of apps that require I log in and it's preferable if I can just import my iPhone's settings and data saves onto my iPad. Is there a way to do this?

2. Liberal macrumors member

The only thing I can think of is to restore your iPad, not as a new iPad, but from the latest iPhone 4 backup. Maybe? :confused: I'm not sure how that works as I've only done iPhone->iPhone, but it could work.

3. Tangy Anus thread starter macrumors newbie

I've already thought of this, was hoping for an answer from someone who has done it, if it's even possible.

4. Night Spring macrumors G5

Night Spring

It should be possible. Just try it and see what happens, it's not like you can break anything trying it.

5. herdnerfer macrumors 6502

iTunes will do it for you

If you restore your iPad, iTunes should ask if you want restore from backup and your last iPhone backup should be one of the options. It did it for me with my iPad and iPod touch. But I would think a tangy anus would already be aware of such things!

6. Ian19411 macrumors newbie

Reply to liberal

I have just got an iPad2 and tried the solution suggested, it didn't work for me.

It did,however, sync the contacts list from windows which is to far out of date to be worth anything.

I used the restore option from a previous backup of myu iPhone expecting to restore the calendar, contacts, notes etc none of it happened.o