How do I transfer photos from computer to my 3G?

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by duneventrip, Nov 24, 2008.

1. duneventrip macrumors newbie

I don't have iPhoto and would like to transfer photos from my computer to my iPhone and vice versa. Please give me the instructions to do so. Links to softwares would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

2. rogair macrumors member

Simplest way is to create a folder with your pictures you want to transfer. Connect your iPhone to your computer and open iTunes, click on your iPhone on the left-hand side and chose the Pictures tab and select your the folder to sync.

3. duneventrip thread starter macrumors newbie

I don't have a pictures tab. My phone is unlocked is when I click the iPhone tab it says SIM card not supported. I could transfer ringtones, music and everything else to iPhone but not pictures. Could you show me another way?

4. rogair macrumors member

It sounds like your issue is a little more complicated than a simple photo transfer.

Your phone is unlocked? Is it with a cell provider yet?

5. duneventrip thread starter macrumors newbie

Yea I have Tmobile and everything works fine. I just can't seem to trasnfer photos from my computer to my phone and vice versa. I have a 2.1 firmware right now if that means anything.

6. wes loder macrumors newbie

transfering picture files to iphone

Brand-new iphone 3Gs with ATT account (not jail-broken). I go to itunes and I can find no photo or picture tab. I see video, music, store, etc. All sorts of stuff to cost money. How do I get the photo tab to appear. Iphone is connected to computer. Thanks. WES

7. verwon macrumors 68030

verwon

That option will show under your phone, when it's connected to iTunes.

8. wes loder macrumors newbie

no photos

I get nothing, nada, in the way of a Photos tab or choice in iTunes. The only choices I see are "Music, Videos, Search, Purchased and More."
    I also see no "iphone sync window on my computer.
    Any more suggestions? WES

9. BaldiMac macrumors 604

BaldiMac

When your iPhone is connected to your computer, it will appear in the left sidebar of iTunes. Click on your iPhone in the sidebar. Tabs with options for syncing various types of media will appear in the main content area.

10. wes loder macrumors newbie

I see no "iPhone" in the left-hand sidebar of the computer's iTunes. Phone is connected via the USB cord that came with phone. All I'm trying to do is load a couple photos from my computer to my iphone. WES

11. verwon macrumors 68030

verwon

Try rebooting the computer, then hooking up your phone, again.

12. verwon macrumors 68030

verwon

Since it was taken with my iPad, it's not a great pic, but you can see both it and my 4S listed in the left hand column, under devices.

Attached Files:

13. ObuckiO macrumors regular

Left side of computers itunes. Do you see>"Devices" in the menu (under Library, Store, Genius, etc)?

14. wes loder macrumors newbie

I see the following:Library, Podcasts, Videos, Party Shuffle, Radio, Music Store, 90s Music, My top rated, Recently added, Recently played, Top 25 Most played.
    That's it. No devices. No Genius either. WES

15. LostSoul80 macrumors 68020

LostSoul80

Make sure the USB port works.

Is the iPhone on? iTunes won't recognize it until a minimum level of charge.

Have you tried restarting your computer?

Which version of iTunes do you have?