Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

bollard

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jan 26, 2005
London
Hi Hi

I desperately need to get prints of some of my photos in iPhoto, how can I transfer photos back onto my memory card. I have a card reader is that helps.

Cheers
Mark

synth3tik

macrumors 68040
Oct 11, 2006
Minneapolis, MN
I never have my memory card plugged directly into my computer, but can't you just drag and drop the images in the memory card as long as it is formatted?

bollard

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jan 26, 2005
London
I can't drag and drop. How do I format the card ??? It's called "No Name" at the moment.

sndcj1

macrumors member
May 22, 2007
Chicago
I personally prefer the export option from iphoto. Make a album of the photos you want, select them all, and export them without resizing directly to that drive, and away you go.

ChrisA

macrumors G5
Jan 5, 2006
Redondo Beach, California
Hi Hi

I desperately need to get prints of some of my photos in iPhoto, how can I transfer photos back onto my memory card. I have a card reader is that helps.

Cheers
Mark

The memory card is just like an external USB disk drive. Format it with Disk Utility and move files on and off of it using the finder's drag and drop method. or the "mv" command in the terminal. Can't most places print from a data CD or DVD? If so you could a put them on a CD and have a backup copy too. (You can never have to many backups)

npthomas

macrumors newbie
Nov 16, 2010
Transferring iphoto to memory card.

First of all, you need to purchase a USB Card Reader/Writer and a memory card. Now, turn on your computer. Plug in the card reader with the memory card attached to the rear of the card reader into the USB port. You should see an icon that says, "no name" folder. Right click on this icon. Click on "Open" from the drop down menu. That should bring up your list of files and the "no name" folder at the top of the files. Click on your photos or images. Drag and Drop the photos that you want to the "no name" folder. ( You can use the command key on a Mac to choose several photos at a time. Then, you just drag one photo and the others will follow). After you have put all the photos in the no name folder, then right click again on the no named folder and click on "eject". Take out the memory card/card reader assembly. Now you can install just the memory card (with the photos) into your photo frame! Good luck.

Last edited:

kazakh

macrumors member
Jan 19, 2009
I just tried it - as people mentioned above, you can just drag it from iphoto to your memory stick directory

TopHatPlus

macrumors 6502
Aug 1, 2010
Southern Ontario
I just tried it - as people mentioned above, you can just drag it from iphoto to your memory stick directory

haha yes it not a complicated process, i make a album so i get only the ones i want, then i move iphoto over a bit and have finder on the left, then highlight all my photos i want and drag them over, either into a folder for other purposes like uploading to certain web sites or just dropping it onto a sd card, usb flash drive, or external hard drive.

alrcarte

macrumors newbie
Jun 27, 2011
haha yes it not a complicated process, i make a album so i get only the ones i want, then i move iphoto over a bit and have finder on the left, then highlight all my photos i want and drag them over, either into a folder for other purposes like uploading to certain web sites or just dropping it onto a sd card, usb flash drive, or external hard drive.

I'm new to mac's. Tried this, but message says not enough space on memory stick...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.