How do I transfer texts from my backup on the computer onto the iPhone?

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by Myiphone7, Oct 4, 2011.

1. Myiphone7 macrumors 6502a

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_3_3 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8J2 Safari/6533.18.5)

Basically I have a backup with a bunch of text messages.

All my texts on the device got deleted.

I don't want to restore.

How can I get these texts on my iPhone?

I am jail broken.

2. Trauma1 macrumors 6502a

Can you provide more details like phone, iOS version, jailbreak method, and if you have SHSH blobs saved?

If you have the correct set up, it may be possible to restore using TinyUmbrella, downgrade iOS, then re-jailbreak.

3. Myiphone7 thread starter macrumors 6502a

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_3_3 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8J2 Safari/6533.18.5)

iPhone 4, 4.3.3. That's all I know.

Basically I have my iPhone backed up already on the computer so my text messages are there.

All I want to do is transfer all those texts to my iPhone (without restoring)

Thanks for the help.

4. Trauma1 macrumors 6502a

I am not familiar with this particular process, but take a look at this thread:

http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=667277

Do keep in mind that it is a couple of years old.

5. Myiphone7 thread starter macrumors 6502a

Thanks. I downloaded iBackup Bot and can see the text messages in the backup on the my computer, but how do I transfer them back to my iPhone?

Thanks again!

----------

Great News!

Just found the file:

Library/SMS/sms.db

I exported it to my desktop.

Now, I think I need to SSH it or something? I have no clue what SSH is though. My iPhone is jailbroken though.

What should I do next?