How do I transfer Videos taken using iPhone to PC?

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by shayndel, Dec 30, 2009.

1. shayndel macrumors newbie

As the titles says, How do I transfer Videos taken using iPhone to PC?
    I'm not using Mac. I tried using the way by going to My Computer to get the vids, but I manage to get the photos only. The video can't be played when moving the vid from my iPhone to My Desktop.

HELP! Thanks!

2. Leet Apple macrumors 6502a

Leet Apple

You can use Discover its in Cydia...It allows you to access all your IPhone files from your Browser...I use it to get videos from my IPhone

3. shayndel thread starter macrumors newbie

Is there other easier and faster way to do this?

4. BacklitFirefly macrumors 6502

If you use iPhoto, you can set it to automatically import photos when you attach your iPhone to your computer (on a Mac.) If you are using Windows and you have Photoshop or some equivalent (Paint Shop Pro X, the GIMP) you can import your pictures from within those applications, usually by going to File - Import (or aquire) -- From Scanner or Camera (or some similar combination)

5. shayndel thread starter macrumors newbie

yeah, that's for photos only. but not videos.

6. Small White Car macrumors G4

Small White Car

See page 106 of the manual:

http://manuals.info.apple.com/en_US/iPhone_User_Guide.pdf

On a Mac, iPhoto imports both photos and videos.

On the PC you're apparently supposed to use a photo program that supports videos. If you're not getting the videos you need to find some software that can handle that. I don't know what to suggest, maybe someone else here can tell you what they use.

7. jhanlon macrumors member

Not difficult to do

When you plug your iPhone in to your PC you should get an "Autoplay" window that offers several options. Choose the option "Open device to view files." If you do not get the Autoplay option, open Windows Explorer and look at the folders under Computer and you should find one that represents your iPhone.

Navigate to the folder that holds your Camera Roll image files (100APPLE) and find the video file of interest (*.MOV). Using Windows Explorer, copy or move that file(s) to a folder on your PC.

Now that it is on your PC, you can play it or modify it as you wish. Use Google to find tools or conversion programs to modify the video as you wish.

8. julesw macrumors member

julesw

Yep, whatever you use to manage pictures/videos inside your pc will work

9. Aurora91 macrumors newbie

How do I transfer Videos taken using iPhone to PC?

Now lots of popular transfer softwares can do that task like imedia transfer, icloud, freesync etc.

10. Laimbeersux macrumors 6502

Dropbox works great for this as well or any other similar service.

11. davereynolds macrumors member

I use photosync. You can transfer to and from any iOS devices and computers on the same wifi network.

12. robenvic macrumors newbie

Can we transfer videos from iPhone to PC directly?

13. hunterhunter macrumors newbie

Two ways to transfer iPhone videos to PC

There are two ways to do that:
    First, connect iPhone and PC, then select the device under "My computer" - "Devices and drives". There in the folder, you can find iPhone photos and videos. Sad thing is it will not seperate photos and videos, so you may have to check the "Property" to get the right ones you want.
    The other way is transfer app, the one I'm using is Takecopter. Of course, there are many other transfer apps in app store.

14. LuisaMoritz, Sep 16, 2015
    Last edited: Oct 14, 2015

LuisaMoritz macrumors newbie

LuisaMoritz

I've done this, not recommended, not support ios 8.
    If you meant to do so, follow these steps:
    1. Connect your iOS device to your computer. If the AutoPlay window appears, click "Import Pictures and Videos using Windows," then skip to step 4. If the "Import Pictures and Video" dialog appears, skip to step 4. If the AutoPlay dialog doesn't appear, you might need to check your settings.
    2. Choose Start > Computer.
    3. Right-click the logo for your device and click "Import pictures and videos."
    4. Click Import Settings.
    5. Click the Browse button by the "Import to" field and choose where to import your Camera Roll's photos. By default, these will import to the My Pictures folder.
    6. Select "Always erase from device after copying."
    If you delete photos after you import them, you can reduce the size of your Camera Roll and improve backup and restore times.
    If you want to import the photos to additional computers, don't select this option.
    If you don't want Windows to delete photos from your camera on subsequent imports, remember to come back here and deselect this option when you're finished.
    7. After setting your import options, click OK to dismiss the window.
    8. Choose a tag, if desired, and click Import. This screen appears only while the import process is active.
    9. After the import is complete, Windows Photo Gallery will show your photos and videos in Recently Imported.
    If some of your photos didn't import from your device's Camera Roll, you can copy the photos to your computer using Windows Explorer or import the photos using software such as Windows Live Photo Gallery or Adobe Photoshop Elements 3.0 or later.
    This official guide is also working: How to Transfer Videos from iPhone to PC