How do I transfer Wifi music to iTunes?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by California King, Oct 12, 2007.

1. California King macrumors 65816

I bought a song on the wifi music store and when I plugged in my iPod touch, it didn't sync it over to my iTunes account. I am using "manually manage music" so how do I get that song over to my iTunes without deleting all my music on my iPod?

2. TyrannoJack macrumors member

There is an option under File I believe called Retrieved Purchased Music From 'Insert Name's iPod.

It took me a while to figure it out too.

3. derryquinn macrumors 6502

derryquinn

4. California King thread starter macrumors 65816

Thanks! I can't believe I didn't check there! Also, after the song transfered over to my iTunes, it randomly started downloading an episode of Ugly Betty...weird..I've never searched for that in my life...:D

5. TyrannoJack macrumors member

Really? That's bizzare...

I would check your bill just incase. It's somewhere in your user info section. Just to save you some surprise if you accidently bought that ep by mistake :p

6. California King thread starter macrumors 65816

Nope, I checked my purchase history and it does show "Ugly Betty video clip" but I guess it was free...Weird because I didn't authorize the download..Oh well, no harm, no foul..

7. zirkle2007 macrumors 6502

zirkle2007

I know this post is old, but why isn't this an automated feature? It would really suck to lose your Touch or iPhone and then not have the music...

Just seems like it would be in the standard sync.

8. davidjearly macrumors 68020

davidjearly

It is. The only reason it doesn't do it here, is because the OP did not have iTunes set to automatically sync upon connection to iPod.

David