Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Zazaban

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 11, 2006
I'm new to macs and I accedentally pressed something and made the brightness go down. how the heck do I turn it back up?

displaced

macrumors 65816
Jun 23, 2003
Gravesend, United Kingdom
Zazaban said:
Oddly enough, that didn't do anything....

If it's a laptop, the F-keys should be marked with symbols which should identify the key. My old iMac used the higher-up F-keys (F14 and 15 perhaps) to change brightness.

If they don't work, click System Preferences from under the Apple logo menu at the top left, then click Displays. There should be a Brightness slider in there!

Zazaban

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 11, 2006
The f15 key worked, and yes it's a iMac. why is it that everybody assumes i'm using a laptop :confused:

AvSRoCkCO1067

macrumors 65816
Sep 6, 2005
CO
displaced said:
If it's a laptop, the F-keys should be marked with symbols which should identify the key. My old iMac used the higher-up F-keys (F14 and 15 perhaps) to change brightness.

If they don't work, click System Preferences from under the Apple logo menu at the top left, then click Displays. There should be a Brightness slider in there!

I checked for that, but my MBP doesn't have a slider....???

AvSRoCkCO1067

macrumors 65816
Sep 6, 2005
CO
Zazaban said:
The f15 key worked, and yes it's a iMac. why is it that everybody assumes i'm using a laptop :confused:

Probably because it's a bit easier to slip on a laptop and push the brightness button than slip on a full-size keyboard - shrug.

Plus, laptops are just more popular these days...:)

displaced

macrumors 65816
Jun 23, 2003
Gravesend, United Kingdom
weird...

[edit... also on an MBP]

Attachments

• System PreferencesScreenSnapz001.jpg
    System PreferencesScreenSnapz001.jpg
    7.4 KB · Views: 314
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.