Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MoodyM

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Aug 14, 2008
I'm subscribed to iTunes Match until Aug 2015, although I've had it theme off for months as I didn't like it.

I'm now on 8.4 and have subscribed to the Apple Music family plan.

I have no option in iTunes 12.2 or iPhone 6 settings to turn Match on or off. I've tried turning iCloud Music Library off on the phone, all that does is show up a Genius on/off toggle, but not a Match one.

On my girlfriend's iPhone 6, she has Apple Music/iCloud Music Library on, as well as an option to subscribe to Match.

Any ideas?

doerrmann

macrumors regular
Jul 11, 2008
I'm subscribed to iTunes Match until Aug 2015, although I've had it theme off for months as I didn't like it.

I'm now on 8.4 and have subscribed to the Apple Music family plan.

I have no option in iTunes 12.2 or iPhone 6 settings to turn Match on or off. I've tried turning iCloud Music Library off on the phone, all that does is show up a Genius on/off toggle, but not a Match one.

On my girlfriend's iPhone 6, she has Apple Music/iCloud Music Library on, as well as an option to subscribe to Match.

Any ideas?
I don't think you can turn it off - by reading some of the threads here, but difference between the Music Library and iTunes match is in the DRM - local copies of Music Library files are DRM'd, while iTunes match files are not DRM'd. In the Apple Music settings dialog, you can turn off autorenew iTunes match, then wait for it to expire - that might be your best bet.

MoodyM

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Aug 14, 2008
I don't think you can turn it off - by reading some of the threads here, but difference between the Music Library and iTunes match is in the DRM - local copies of Music Library files are DRM'd, while iTunes match files are not DRM'd. In the Apple Music settings dialog, you can turn off autorenew iTunes match, then wait for it to expire - that might be your best bet.

Thanks, but if I could turn it on/off before Apple Music came out, why not now?

Phil A.

Moderator emeritus
Apr 2, 2006
Shropshire, UK
I don't think you can: the core functionality of iTunes match is now an integral part of Apple Music / iCloud Music Library (i.e. you can upload your own music to the library)

iTunes match with an Apple music subscription just provides the additional ability to download DRM free versions of files that are added to the music library so why would you want to disable it?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.