How do i turn off location services on the upper right?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Appl3FTW, Jun 18, 2014.

1. Appl3FTW macrumors 603

Appl3FTW

it's that arrow icon by the battery. with the new 7.1.1 it seems like it's constantly on. Is this just me or everyone else having the same issue? does this kill battery life like assumed from the release of ios 7?

oh I've already delete all my running apps. so there's no apps running that's using the location service. How do you stop this thing from running?

2. eyoungren macrumors P6

eyoungren

Settings app>Privacy>Location Services. Turn it off.

Note that you will kill Find My iPhone and any other system services (such as Maps, Weather, etc) that rely on LS to give you local data.

It's not only apps that use LS.

3. cynics macrumors G4

Something is using your location. Goto location settings and see what is running.

Is it a solid arrow or outlined? Solid indicates location is being actively used, outline indicates geofencing (find my friends, location based reminders, etc anything that is looking for you to be/get somewhere).

4. jbachandouris macrumors 601

jbachandouris

Is bluetooth on? With iBeacon, if bluetooth is on, so is the location services arrow. This has been my experience.

5. Appl3FTW thread starter macrumors 603

Appl3FTW

yea I don't know if I should disable it. But its just there.

solid arrow on the upper right where the battery percentage is. I checked the location settings and it showed me which app used it recently etc. but I don't have any running apps, nothing should be using location services right now.

Negative, Bluetooth is OFF.. always for me LOL

6. eyoungren macrumors P6

eyoungren

Sometimes it can get stuck on. Turn it off, wait a bit, turn it back on.

7. Appl3FTW thread starter macrumors 603

Appl3FTW

8. Newtons Apple Suspended

Newtons Apple

Really does not matter if you turn it off or not as the data is collected anyway. If your phone is on it is tracked via metadata and recorded.