How do i type commands in winSCP

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Ldog12395, Oct 15, 2007.

1. Ldog12395 macrumors member

ya so i need to type that chmod thing in winSCP. i tried doing it in putty but it was acting wierd and i couldnt do it, like it wouldnt let me type anything when it asks for a password. so how do i type commands in winSCP?
    ~thanks~

2. ein macrumors newbie

I am having the same problem. When I try and open a command line an error pops up saying "Error skipping startup message. Your shell is probably incompatible with the application (BASH is recommended)." I'm new to this and am researching exactly what BASH is, but so far I have no idea.

3. jcs1088 macrumors regular

when you type the password for putty it's not suppose to show. just type it in and press enter

4. Ldog12395 thread starter macrumors member

5. Ldog12395 thread starter macrumors member

6. adamman41 macrumors regular

my question is if everything is working ok, my apps and all tt is it bad to type the chmod stuff for more app space or thats completely harmless?

7. Aaleck macrumors 6502a

Aaleck

When you connect to your ipod, in the taskbar you will see a black box looking thing and when you move you cursor over it, it will say Terminal. A box will come up and click OK. Then it will connect, then type your commands in the white box at the top.

8. parrotheadmjb macrumors 6502

to type commands in winscp, hold CTRL and T down at the same time, a window will pop up say yes or ok (i forget the option) then a window will load and there will be a command line where you can type your commands