How Do I uninstall a game demo?

Discussion in 'Mac and PC Games' started by yettimillan, Jun 2, 2009.

1. yettimillan macrumors regular

Hi, i downloaded x plane as a demo from the apple site. I have no idea what im doing on it so I wish to uninstall it.

Do I just delete all of the files that are associated with it? I wasn't sure if this was the correct way to do this as I had to go through a long installation process which I think may have written program files into the hard drive.

Thanks.

2. spinnerlys Guest

spinnerlys

You can use AppCleaner for removing all associated files, if you haven't deleted the application yet.

But most of the times deleting the application itself suffices, but sometimes the is stuff in Library/Application Support/"name of application" or Library/Preferences/com.nameofcompanyorapplication.plist.

Also under your user's home directory in Library/ .

3. yettimillan thread starter macrumors regular

Ok so I have just deleted the download installer and the file that was created so hopefully that has uninstalled it. Im just worried that files will be left over taking space like they do in windows OS's.

4. spinnerlys Guest

spinnerlys

Most of the times the files that get copied to Application Support or Preferences are mere kilobytes, sometimes megabytes.
    So don't worry, but if you do, you can use Disk Inventory X to look where all the space is gone, as it scans your HDD and gives you a graphical and textual overview of your folders sorted by size.