How do I uninstall "Beach Ball"

Discussion in 'macOS' started by ryannazaretian, Nov 16, 2009.

1. ryannazaretian macrumors 6502a

ryannazaretian

I thought 10.6.2 was supposed to fix most of the issues with OSX 10.6. I'm still getting tons of beach balls in Safari, any program that presents a Save dialog, and Mail hangs and beach balls while quitting. Even my girlfriend that has maybe used my laptop for 20 minutes in the past month says Snow Leopard is slow compared to Leopard.

I already formatted and reinstalled this weekend, but am still having these issues.

I really don't want to downgrade (or would it be upgrade) to 10.5 because I really am digging the new exposé among other small changes in 10.6.

So, how should I uninstall the "Beach Ball?" Should I wait on Apple to uninstall it, or go back to 10.5?

PS: This is not a serious thread, just a thread for those like me that are having trouble with 10.6. Only respond if you are having some type of issue. Unleash your frustration in a humorous manner. Post pretty much anything that frustrates you about Snow Leopard. Keep this thread as a reminder of the hard times we had at the beginning. Post something funny that happened to you while using Snow Leopard that wasn't supposed to happen. Keep it light hearted, cheery, and clean (Keep it civilized). I see too many threads where people go on rants and make other people angry or sad. This is not the point of this thread.

Example of something that has happened to me:

2. ryannazaretian thread starter macrumors 6502a

ryannazaretian

Here's another one that I've been having.

My Trash bin keeps filling up, but I'm not deleting anything. It keeps putting some "Recovered" folder in it with a few pictures I have used in recent documents.

3. harperjones99 macrumors 6502

This makes me think of Oscar the Grouch throwing trash back out at someone after they toss something on this head...heh. But serioulsy...do you have those files protected somehow? I was trying to delete some photos after I had loaded them on from a USB drive. I had done nothing to them but put them in a folder...not edited or even opened them. When I went to delete them some said they were "protected" and wouldn't go. I wouldn't have intentionally protected these particular photos and still don't know what it was about.

4. roadbloc macrumors G3

roadbloc

Ive had that problem ever since i installed m$ office for mac 2008 in SL. Not bothered to be honest.

Not had any other problems you've mentioned. SL has run perfect since 10.6.1. I'd advise downgrading to 10.5.x if possible and waiting until 10.6.3, and doing a CLEAN install. I did an upgrade the first time and it sucked. A clean install worked a treat. I think the transfer to 64bit has too many variables and compatibility problems.

5. ryannazaretian thread starter macrumors 6502a

ryannazaretian

Problem is... it's all pretty much Apple stock software. Using iWork 09, iLife 09, and 10.6.2.

Just had another Safari hang on fmylife.com. FML

Too bad the screen capture doesn't catch the pretty beach ball. It was hung for over 2 minutes until I decided it wasn't going to unhang and I forced quit it.

6. madog macrumors 65816

madog

Reminds me of the single greatest application ever made for Mac in the days of OS 7/8: Oscar. Every time you emptied the trash, Oscar the Grouch would pop his head out of the trash can icon and sing, "Oh I love trash!" and, "I love it, because it's trash!".

Aahhh, memories...

7. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

Go to the beach and forget to put it back in the car when you leave. :cool:
    You save your favorite pictures? So does your Mac! It's not deleting them because it likes them! :D

8. thejadedmonkey macrumors 604

thejadedmonkey

I wish there was an app for that for OS X!

9. t0mat0 macrumors 603

t0mat0

Reinstalled more times than I care to count. I'd recommend clicktoflash to really help out Safari hanging and beachballing.

Ocassionally after waking from sleep, I have to put in the password a
    couple of times.