How do I uninstall

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Deville, Mar 30, 2010.

1. Deville macrumors member

Hi,

A few months ago I installed a sync program on my G4 PPC running OSX to try and sync a cell phone I no longer have. It never did work for the phone.

So, I found the file under applications and drug it to the trash thinking it was gone. Well it wasn't. Now every time I plug in my ipod it pops up "Sync alert"

It wants me to sync my ipod with it but I don't want to. I don't even remember what the program is called, but it does not seem to be showing up in the finder or in the spotlight.

I want this program completely gone, I have no use for it. Any help would be great. Thanks!

2. Gregg2 macrumors 603

Gonna be kind of hard to identify things that went with it if you can't remember the name. Did you save the download? ...Reinstall and look for an uninstaller.

3. Deville thread starter macrumors member

Thanks,

Ok I found it again on the web, it's called syncmate. I reinstalled it, but I still cannot figure out how to uninstall it. I went to syncmate, then show package contents. There is no uninstaller in there that I seen.

Dragging it to the trash didn't work last time either?

4. -aggie- macrumors P6

-aggie-

You need to install one the app deleting programs, like appdelete, appzap, appcleaner, etc. Then when you drag it to the trash it'll delete all the other crap associated with the app.

5. Deville thread starter macrumors member

Found the uninstaller, was in the .dmg installer. Uninstalled, rebooted and it is still not gone. It is gone from the finder but still pops up when ipod is plugged in. I'll try again.

6. Gregg2 macrumors 603