How do I unistall Leopard components

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by michail, Nov 28, 2007.

1. michail macrumors member

Well my MacBook came with Leo pre-install and it has many languages that I don't need. My question is how do I uninstall the not needed languages, drivers, and thinks like iWorks. Also if I ever need an additional language how do I install it later on.

Many thanks for you help lads.

2. Slip macrumors 6502a

Slip

Well to remove the languages you have to do a reinstall and then from the Customise menu you deselect any of the languages you don't need.
    I think there's also a program call Monolingual that I've heard about but haven't used or looked into so no recommendations here.
    As for the iWork trial etc you just drag it to the trash and then empty it, easy as.
    And re-installing the languages, Im not sure how you would do this but I would imagine another reinstall so not very practical.

3. tngisaga macrumors member

I've read that using Monolingual with Leopard causes problems on your computer. I haven't personally used it on Leopard, but it's better to be safe than sorry. However, it was a great program with Tiger though. Let's hope a Leopard compatible version comes out. I don't know of any alternative programs that does the same thing as Monolingual.

4. michail thread starter macrumors member

Thanks for the help! How about the drivers. If I do not install all the drivers and then sometime I need one that it is not installed do I have to make a new Leopard installation or is it a way to add that driver?

5. Slip macrumors 6502a

Slip

Whenever you connect a printer and then try and print off a document with that printer then it will check if there is a driver for it pre-installed and if not will download the driver via Software Update
    I would just ditch the ones that you don't own, s'what I did