How do I Unjailbreak iOS 4.0.1 iPhone 3Gs with SHSH Saved?

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by jjaammiiee, Aug 15, 2010.

1. jjaammiiee macrumors newbie

Hello I have an iPhone 3Gs running iOS 4.0.1 And I have the SHSH Blobs saved for iOS 4.0/4.0.1! I recently jailbroke it 2 weeks or so ago with jailbreakme.com. I wanted to jailbreak it at the time but I also knew I needed to take it back to APPLE because it has a crack on the back that came up and I wasn't hard on it and apparently apple will take it back if you're within warranty.

To get back on topic all I need to know is...How do I restore it back to iOS 4.0.1 so that i can take it back to an APPLE Store.

Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks,JAMIE!!

:apple:iPhone 3GS jailbroken iOS 4.0.1 SHSH s saved!:apple:

2. mlts22 macrumors 6502a

Personally, I'd just brainwipe it:

First, plug it into iTunes and sync all the data, and make sure everything is backed up.

Second, make sure your SHSH blobs are saved just in case, and do a DFU restore, setting up the phone as new. This ensures any trace of the JB is out of the phone's storage.

Third, and I do this just to be sure, I do a complete reset from Settings. The DFU and restore should ensure that, barring someone going in with a low level tool on the Flash chips (bypassing the disk controller), there is no trace of the phone ever being JB-ed.

In any case, just do a DFU restore and set up as new, and nobody will be the wiser.

3. jjaammiiee thread starter macrumors newbie