How do I unlink my acct from the new tv app?

Discussion in 'Apple TV Apps' started by lsutigerfan1976, Nov 18, 2016.

1. lsutigerfan1976 macrumors 68000

It seems really easy to link your account such as Hulu to the new tv app so that all their shows and movies show up on the app. But if I no longer subscribe to Hulu and don't want that stuff to show up on the tv app anymore. How do I do that?

Cause I removed Hulu from my device, cancelled my subscription. But the tv app still insist on showing me stuff from Hulu. Like it doesn't realize I am no longer subscribed to that channel. And there is nowhere in the settings to remove it from the tv app. My point is it's easy to link your apps to the tv app, but no easy way to unlink it from the app.

2. benjitek macrumors 6502a

benjitek

Settings/Apps/TV -- you can remove, or, remove and clear play history for individual networks and streaming services there. Nice there are both options in case you think you may re-subscribe at some point and don't want to lose your watchlist history, but I think you have to opt to also clear the play history if you want everything wiped from the TV App.

3. lsutigerfan1976 thread starter macrumors 68000

Never mind I found it. You can do it from the Apple TV. But if you try like i did from just your iPad. It seems there is nowhere to do it from there.
    --- Post Merged, Nov 18, 2016 ---
    Thanks I just figured that out. I am stupid, I was trying to do everything from my iPad at first lol.