Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

k_reff

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 1, 2016
Stamford
Hello members
I want to know howto unlock my tmobile iphone 7/7+
Any help out here will be appreciated

alanderp

macrumors regular
Sep 15, 2016
Hello members
If you have T-Mobile just call them to have them unlock it... I believe you can do it twice a year if you switch phones. That's how I did it.

Or you could pay one of those online services to do it.

the caveman

macrumors 6502
Aug 21, 2007
Hello members

You can call tmobile and request unlock code. There are two stipulations, the phone has to have been activated on that line for 40 days for them to approve the unlock request and you can request unlock twice a year per line. Good luck.

k_reff

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 1, 2016
Stamford
If you have T-Mobile just call them to have them unlock it... I believe you can do it twice a year if you switch phones. That's how I did it.

Or you could pay one of those online services to do it.

So i need to pay the EIP in full to get it unlocked?

M5RahuL

macrumors 68040
Aug 1, 2009
TeXaS
So i need to pay the EIP in full to get it unlocked?

Nope, I've had all my ( ~ 20 ) devices unlocked way before paying off the EIP. As long as your account is in good standing ( payments on time ) you shouldn't have any issues.

rmeadejr

macrumors 6502a
Aug 25, 2009
San Francisco-Twin Peaks
i dont think so.. there should be a way to unlock it
Thank you, I will look into it more. I think they should since they are giving it free, but we are talking about t-mobile...lol
[doublepost=1475392553][/doublepost]
Nope, I've had all my ( ~ 20 ) devices unlocked way before paying off the EIP. As long as your account is in good standing ( payments on time ) you shouldn't have any issues.
Curious, if you unlock it could you go to another carrier without fully paying for it?!?

M5RahuL

macrumors 68040
Aug 1, 2009
TeXaS
Thank you, I will look into it more. I think they should since they are giving it free, but we are talking about t-mobile...lol
[doublepost=1475392553][/doublepost]
Curious, if you unlock it could you go to another carrier without fully paying for it?!?

You can, but if the EIP payments stop prior to being completed, TMobile will blacklist the IMEI and may impact your credit negatively.

k_reff

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 1, 2016
Stamford
You can, but if the EIP payments stop prior to being completed, TMobile will blacklist the IMEI and may impact your credit negatively.
Are phones unlocked by t-mobile permanently unlocked or they can lock it again?

eyoungren

macrumors Penryn
Aug 31, 2011
You can call tmobile and request unlock code.
Just want to clarify here that Apple does not use unlock codes. There is no interaction on the part of the customer once the unlock request is made.
[doublepost=1475410447][/doublepost]
Are phones unlocked by t-mobile permanently unlocked or they can lock it again?
ALL iPhones unlocked are unlocked permanently.

HarryWild

macrumors 68020
Oct 27, 2012
Hello members

T-Mobile plays cat and mouse games when it comes to unlocking full paid for iPhones. It better to buy it direct through Apple if you want an unlocked iPhone. I had to keep on then for a full two months before they sent me the unlocking code for my iPhone and luck I had an AT&T sims nano or I be stuck!

k_reff

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 1, 2016
Stamford
If there is an IMEI unlocking software thats is needed to use that you need not to contact Tmobile..Kindly share so i can get it cos i really dont feel tmobile will unlock it for me due to my late payments

eyoungren

macrumors Penryn
Aug 31, 2011
T-Mobile plays cat and mouse games when it comes to unlocking full paid for iPhones. It better to buy it direct through Apple if you want an unlocked iPhone. I had to keep on then for a full two months before they sent me the unlocking code for my iPhone and luck I had an AT&T sims nano or I be stuck!
They didn't send you an unlock code. They sent you an email about the unlock.

Unless you'd care to tell us all how it is you entered an unlock code into an iPhone not designed to use unlock codes?

BTW, We had our T-Mobile iPhone 6s+ and 6s+ unlocked within two hours after waiting the 40 days required.

Reactions: Lancetx

RedOrchestra

Suspended
Aug 13, 2012
They sent you an email about the unlock.

Yeah, same, here's what I got from my carrier

Follow the steps below to unlock your iPhone
  1. Ensure that you have the latest version of iTunes. You may need to download and install the latest version of iTunes if necessary.
  2. Sync your device content with iTunes.
  3. Back up your device via iTunes
  4. Erase your iPhone
  5. Restore your iPhone via iTunes from your previous back up. Your iPhone will restart after this step.
  6. After a restore, “slide to setup” will appear on your screen. Follow the steps in the iOS Setup Assistant.

Reactions: eyoungren
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.