how do i unpartition after windows and format

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by thatg, Oct 13, 2007.

1. thatg macrumors member

installed bootcamp and partitioned the drive now i want to get rid of the partition and restore the whole hard drive but i cant quite figure it out. ive been searching any ideas?

2. Eidorian macrumors Penryn

Eidorian

3. psychofreak Retired

psychofreak

Open up the Boot Camp Assistant again (you have to re-download if you deleted it) and follow the steps to "restore to single partition" :)

EDIT: Ouch...too late...

4. thatg thread starter macrumors member

i deleted windows off the hard disk that alrady had windows on it and now this is what it tells me when i run boot camp
    The startup disk must be formatted as a single Mac OS Extended (Journaled) volume or already partitioned by Boot Camp Assistant for installing Windows.

5. Eidorian macrumors Penryn

Eidorian

How did you do this?

6. thatg thread starter macrumors member

i went to disk utilities and selected it and erased i then tried to instal mac osx on it but i get an error and it asks me to reinstall again and again

7. Eidorian macrumors Penryn

Eidorian

It sounds like you're going to have to recreate the original single partition situation by using Disk Utility when running the OS X installer. You're going to need to erase the disk and reestablish the single partition.

8. thatg thread starter macrumors member

im actually a pc user just got my macbook pro so im not that familiar with the location of everything

9. Eidorian macrumors Penryn

Eidorian

What are you looking for?

10. thatg thread starter macrumors member

so i stick in the install disc follow through with the install and then what because i dont get an option to make a single partition when i try to reinstall. i dont think

11. Eidorian macrumors Penryn

Eidorian

Like I said, you'll have to use Disk Utility while booted off your installer DVD to erase the disk and reestablish the single partition.

12. thatg thread starter macrumors member

ok cool thanks a lot got it working just curious has there been reported problems with the pram or graphics card after installing vista?? because my screen got all funky after i put on vista thats why i was trying to delete it. gonna load xp and see if i get the same problem

13. Eidorian macrumors Penryn

Eidorian

The drivers would more then likely be the cause. I wouldn't be so quick to blame Windows outright. Even if it is Vista...