How do I unsubscribe from the daily app

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Dragoro, Feb 19, 2011.

1. Dragoro macrumors 6502

Dragoro

I don't see an option in iTunes nor the app..

2. Gryzor macrumors 6502

You delete it...

3. Dragoro thread starter macrumors 6502

Dragoro

I did, I still got charged a recurring charge....

4. Julien macrumors G3

Julien

Out of curiosity why did you buy it so quickly before decided you don't want it while you could still be testing/deciding since it's still free?:confused:

5. vrDrew macrumors 65816

The Daily keeps prompting you to subscribe everytime you start the App, along with a helpful "countdown" of the number of days until freee access runs out. So I can certainly understand the OP having signed up.

Personally I'm very conflicted over The Daily: its actually not a bad publication. But as of right now - its also, by far, the most unstable App I've ever had on my iPad. It literally crashes EVERY time its launched.

6. Cha macrumors regular

I thought the free period was extended to Feb 28th? Are you sure the charge is from "The Daily" app?

7. engelke2010 macrumors 6502a

The free period for me ends on the 21st. I'm waiting to subscribe until then. Thankfully the app isn't crashing for me (knock on wood), so I will probably subscribe.

8. Tommy Wasabi macrumors member

Tommy Wasabi

Me too

I contacted iTunes support and they said to contact the publisher.

No luck with them responding since Thursday. If you figure it out please post your answer.

TW

9. justinleon macrumors newbie

It's hilarious that this is the #1 result in google for this very subject. I think there is going to be yet another controversy over this.

10. SFStateStudent macrumors 604

SFStateStudent

"The Daily" = more CRASHES than the 2011 Daytona 500...(I get more from my local newspaper online!) :mad:

11. Tommy Wasabi macrumors member

Tommy Wasabi

OK - I emailed iTunes support again and they said to delete the app on the ipad, and on the computer, and then that is all you need to do. I queried 2x to make sure I was clear.

Very odd - we'll see if I get charged or not. Of course, The Daily never responded to my inquiry.

12. Tommy Wasabi macrumors member

Tommy Wasabi

Here's How to Unsubscribe

I feel like a dork - but here it is:

I finally found the unsubscribe button for The Daily. You have to access via the iPad - If you go to the settings application - and select the Store Icon on the far left then view the Apple ID, submit your password, and then SCROLL down to Manage App subscriptions - this is where you unsubscribe.

The major malfunction (for me) was the screen didn't appear with any visual indicator that I could scroll down - I just figured this was all the info I had access to. But scrolling down reveals a bunch of stuff - and of course - the magic to unsubscribe to an truly awful app (great content - but just terrible execution).

/cheers

13. Garyrobbins macrumors newbie

Unsubscribing to The Daily

The directions Tommy gave for unsubscribing to The Daily are correct. I just completed the process. The Daily does not have a way to unsubscribe when you are on the app. That is unforgivable and illustrates their lack if concern for customers. Every time I used the app it took a minute or more to load and the app frequently crashed. Some function keys did not work. And the news content was weak and often untimely.The Daily tries to be cute rather than smart. It is neither. I wanted The Daily to succeed, but it is an unfocused mess.

14. johnnyxhuynh macrumors regular

johnnyxhuynh

Perfect! Thank you!

15. safetyobc macrumors 6502

safetyobc

I was looking for how to do this also. You can do it through iTunes:

Launch iTunes and click Store>View My Account in the menu. You should then be on the Account Information screen. Click on the "Manage Apps Subscription" button. Select the radio button to turn off auto renewal. Confirm you wish to do this. Then select Done.