How do I update apps from iTunes?

Discussion in 'iOS Apps' started by dabigone, Sep 5, 2008.

1. dabigone macrumors regular

I'm confused, is there a way to update apps from iTunes and not OTA through the iPhone? I have about 11 apps that need updating and it's a crap shoot to see which one will succeed and get stuck with "installing" under the icon.
    In iTunes, none of the apps show that they need updating. I've done the "transfer purchases" but nothing changes...

2. Mindflux macrumors 68000

Mindflux

You can, but it's broken and often times your apps dont actually update. Keep doing it via the iPhone.

3. TimothyB macrumors 6502a

I was vowing to myself to only install and update apps via iTunes after a total crash and corrupt backup, but that seems to not be possible.

While I installed all apps from iTunes, I'm having issues too where iTunes fails to see updates for apps that the iPhone sees. What's annoying is that iTunes also keeps saying there are 4 updates available, but when I go to do it, it says there's nothing, yet on the iPhone there's 4-5 updates.

And now that the 2.0.2 software removed the "update all" option on the iPhone, it's a pain to update each one when they take so long to do and so many. I don't want it to be a chore to every hour to remind my self to udpate an app from the list and type in the password. Before I know it, I forget and I have to many updates.

4. djcaliendo macrumors newbie

Updating apps with itunes

You can follow these steps:
    - open iTunes
    - login in store with the same account you used to purchase your apps
    - in "Apps" tab, click on the bottom right "nn updates available" notice
    - here the updated apps are listed, you can now click on the upper right "download free updates" button. It may happen some updates are not free, and you need purchase them.
    - after downloads ended, you can sync your iPhone, all updated apps installed on your phone will be refreshed on sync