How do i update my iPhone and preserv my baseband

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by Baddabro, Aug 23, 2012.

1. Baddabro macrumors newbie

Hi!

I have an iPhone 4 on 4.1 with baseband 02.10.04 and i whant to update it but i have to remain on my baseband cuz it runs on gevey sim.

thanks.

2. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Create a custom 5.1.1 no_BB ipsw with redsnow and restore to that.

3. Baddabro thread starter macrumors newbie

the problem is when i do all the steps and get to the lunch the itunes step my itunes tells me i need to activate automatic uppdate for it to reconize my iphone and if i push that it's all over my iphone will update via itunes and i will get a new baseband :/

4. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

I dont get what you're saying.
    Activate automatic updates for what? Itunes or iphone firmware?
    In order to update to custom ipsw you hold either the shift or option button and click restore in itues.
    You dont restore to the stock firmware with itunes.
    You gotta a lot more learning and research to do before you attempt anything though.
    Good luck.

5. Baddabro thread starter macrumors newbie

haha im sorry my english is bad, it's like this i do all the steps i make a NO_BB then i put the phone on pwn DFU mode (i think it's called) then you are supposed to open itunes when i do it my itunes cant find min phone i get a massege that say "you have to activete automatic uppdate for itunes to find your iphone" then it says search or cancel im not sure if i shuld pus search cuz im sceard that it's gonna update my phone via itunes :-/

6. TriJetHero macrumors 601

TriJetHero

Don't use wifi, connect phone to USB, itunes should recognise it and say it found a iohone in recovery mode, than use ALT-restore (mac) or SHIFT-restore(win) to restore your NO_BB ipsw to your iphone in DFU-mode

7. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

If its not finding your iphone use another computer or reinstall/update your itunes. And you can turn on automatic update for itunes if you want.
    That only updates your computer to the latest itunes version when its out.