How do I update my jailbroken 3gs to ios4??

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Middlemaniac, Jun 21, 2010.

1. Middlemaniac macrumors newbie

I would like to know how I can update my jailbroken iPhone to ios4.... I want to be able to keep all my texts, and my notes too.... Along with everything else on my iPhone. Do I just go into iTunes and press update? Please help

2. stridemat Moderator

stridemat

Staff Member

Do you want to keep it Jailbroken? If so don't do anything until the dev team announce that it is compatible. If you want to to use the 'official' release then backup your iPhone and click update.

3. STEVESKI07 macrumors 68000

STEVESKI07

Yes, but you will lose all of your jailbroken apps/settings. Only the changes you made to the Apple approved system and Apple approved apps will be synced back. You will have to jailbreak the device again and manually make your jailbroken changes, which I'm assuming isn't out yet.

4. Middlemaniac thread starter macrumors newbie

Yes, i do want to keep my iphone jailbroken. How long does it usually take for the DEVS to do this. So since texts, and notes, are both apple apps....I will not lose these? Do these sync every time I sync my iphone to my mac?

5. Middlemaniac thread starter macrumors newbie

When I backup my iphone, are my texts saved, and my notes....along with everything else on my phone?

6. stridemat Moderator

stridemat

Staff Member

Yes! Everything should be backed up.

7. Middlemaniac thread starter macrumors newbie

soooo.... Once they jailbreak ios4, i can just rejailbreak my iphone right? so the benefit of not updating it to ios4 what??? Is it safe to just update a jailbroken iphone, or do I need to restore it first?