How do I upgrade iCloud storage?

Discussion in 'iOS 5 and earlier' started by Dino F, Jan 10, 2012.

1. Dino F macrumors 68000

Dino F

In this pic ImageUploadedByTapatalk1326232402.601195.jpg , it shows that I am on the 20gb plan.

However, here ImageUploadedByTapatalk1326232445.517970.jpg it shows that I will be downgraded to the free plan, which I believe is only 5gb.

How do I change this so that I stay on the 20gb plan? There are no options to reselect the 20gb plan - only to downgrade or upgrade to a higher plan?!

Do I have to wait until I drop to the free one and then upgrade back to the 20gb plan?

2. JediMeister macrumors 68040

If you migrated your MobileMe account to iCloud you have a total of 25 GB total of storage. After June 2012 when MobileMe will be retired, you will go down to the free 5 GB that iCloud has. What do you need the additional storage for?

3. Dino F thread starter macrumors 68000

Dino F

My current plan obviously is fine now however I will soon be getting an iPad so not sure if 5gb will be enough when I revert to the free option?

4. thunderbunny macrumors 6502a

thunderbunny

I'm on 50gb currently, going into the downgrade options button let's me select the plan I want to move to when my renewal is due, guessing it will be the same for you

5. mms13 macrumors 6502

What are the uses of iCloud storage anyway? I have the free 5GB and I don't see myself ever needing more because the only thing that takes up space is my iPhone backup (~3GB). What else do people need space for? Backing up multiple devices?

6. verwon macrumors 68030

verwon

Yes, or pictures.

7. Dino F thread starter macrumors 68000

Dino F

...that's the point - it gives me the option to downgrade (which I am by reverting to the free plan) but there are no options to select to stay on the current plan?!

Does this mean that I need to wait until I downgrade to free and then select a higher plan again?!!

8. verwon macrumors 68030

verwon

It's actually just supposed to auto renew on your current one, unless you change it beforehand.

9. Dino F thread starter macrumors 68000

Dino F

.....yea but that's the thing - if you look at my pic on my original post - it says I will be moved to the free plan- which I don't want! I want to stay on my current plan which is the 20gb option. :S