How do I upload a Word doc?

Discussion in 'iPad Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by bad1550, Jul 28, 2011.

1. bad1550 macrumors regular

How do I upload a .doc file?

When I search job sites, it requires to upload my resume but it's greyed out?

I have the iPad 2.

Thx

2. iDuel macrumors 6502a

iDuel

I don't think you can do that on an iPad, as Safari does not let you download/upload anything.

3. bad1550 thread starter macrumors regular

Will I be able to use another OS like firefox?

4. Papanate, Jul 28, 2011
    Last edited: Jul 28, 2011

Papanate macrumors regular

I don't think you can do that via Safari. Probably the only way is to use iCal Mobile Browser which can be had in the app store.

5. bad1550 thread starter macrumors regular

It works on my iMac

6. savanahrose macrumors 6502a

savanahrose

My husband had the same problem with the imac and macbook at home. I had to get Word for Mac for this. Usually most sites just use word and can not accept Pages or Numbers. I would venture a guess and say it is the same with the ipad. Is there an app/download for Word for mac for the ipad?

7. DNAppleGold macrumors regular

Lot's of Options

I don't know what IOS 5 will bring, but there are several options for downloading documents now

From the Ipad.
    -Alternative Browsers such as Atomic and Icab allow you to download docs from the web. I'm sure others do as well.
    - Goodreader, which is primarily for reading/mocking up PDFs, allows you to download from the web. Readledocs, which is primarliry a file management system, also has this capacity
    - Email the link to your yourself

From a computer. - Save the doc in dropbox and your good to go