Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Elguapo

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 9, 2006
Hello all! I am a newbie here, so this might be the wrong place to ask this question? I need to upload pictures from my motorola SLVR phone to my mac. I have no idea how to do this? I was told I could use isync? I set up the isync software and added my phone to it, but I don't see any way to import photos from my phone? I am totally baffled? Is there another way to do this? Can somebody please give me a hand with this? I would really appreciate it.

Thanks!

Elguapo.

robbieduncan

Moderator emeritus
Jul 24, 2002
Harrogate
iSync cannot sync photos from your phone. Does your phone have Bluetooth? How about your Mac? If so turn Bluetooth on on your Mac and make your Mac discoverable. The send them from your phone (sorry I don't have a Motorolla so your on your own there).

Elguapo

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 9, 2006
My phone has bluetooth and my mac appears to have bluetooth too. But when I plug my phone into the computer it keeps saying I need to have a bluetooth module? Am I miising something? It seems I am. This sucks, I really need to get these pics into my computer!:mad: Any other suggestions?

Elguapo.

MrSmith

macrumors 68040
Nov 27, 2003
I don't have a Bluetooth phone, but I sometimes transfer files from my iBook to my iMac via BT...so this'll probably be no help at all. Anyway, I have the BT icon in the menu bar (set in System Prefs > Bluetooth). If you scroll down to 'Browse Device' does your phone show up there? If so, what if you click 'Browse'?

kretzy

macrumors 604
Sep 11, 2004
Canberra, Australia
Sounds like your computer doesn't have BT if it's saying you need a module. Also, you don't need to plug your phone into your computer. As far as I know you can not access the phone via USB.

If you really need to get it to your computer, you could email it if your phone/network has that ability.

smartmart

macrumors newbie
Oct 9, 2006
Photo's to Mobile

Buy a usb bluetooth adaptor for approx £30 from the apple store. It plugs into your usb slot like a dongle and then you can swap files to your hearts content. It's also worth looking at Version tracker's website to see if there is any mobile management software programs for your phone. I have a sony ericsson phone that should only work via usb with windows machines, but I found a shareware program that enables me to just drag and drop pictures videos etc. back and forth between the two devices.

nb don't just drag and drop onto the mounted disk image when you plug the phone via USB without using a program to communicate, because this can store a load of the macs '–DS Store files onto the phone which despite not doing any harm, can make for a messy directory.' Finding the right program to remove them took some time

Eraserhead

macrumors G4
Nov 3, 2005
UK
You want Bluetooth File Exchange it is in /Applications/Utilities

That should connect to your phone and let you exchange files (ie Photos) with it.

thworple

macrumors 6502
Oct 20, 2005
Sussex, England
In Finder just hold down Shift+Command and press 'B'. If you have Bluetooth it will initialise the process.

If you don't it will say:-

No Bluetooth Hardware found

In order to use this application, you must have a Bluetooth module. Please verify that your Bluetooth hardware is properly attached to the computer.

thegreatluke

macrumors 6502a
Dec 29, 2005
Earth
Do you have Verizon wireless?

If so, you're stuck.
Verizon cripples the Bluetooth in their phones so they don't have the OBEX (object exchange) profile, which allows them the ability to transfer files between the phone and a computer.

So even if you have Bluetooth, all it can be used for, unfortunately, is Bluetooth headsets.

ddekker

macrumors regular
Sep 23, 2006
Michigan
picures / motorola

I have the Motorola SLVR and it doesn't work like any of my other motorola BT phones, on this on I go to the picture (on the phone) and in the menu you can either copy or move the photo from your phone to your computer via bluetooth... give it a shot even if it seems kind of backwards..I used to be able to "browse device" on all my other phones but this motorola is different..

DD

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.